This short tutorial explains how to delete VPN on Mac and leave no trace behind it. It also explains what files are created during the installation of a VPN, how to see the VPN configuration files installed on your Mac, and how to uninstall NordVPN, one of the most popular VPN services.
How to remove VPN from Mac [Summary]
Deleting a VPN app or connection from your Mac is not difficult. However, when you uninstall a VPN app make sure you remove all files.
- Case 1: You have installed a VPN client application.
- Step 1: Delete the VPN app.
- Step 2: Delete preferences files.
- Step 3: Delete records from the keychain.
- Case 2: You have manually created a VPN connection.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Go to System Preferences > Network.
- Select the VPN connection you want to delete from the left panel.
- Click the “-” button from the bottom of the panel.
As your goal is to remove the VPN from macOS, I suppose you already know how to install one. Nevertheless, I suggest that you read our bat-iful article on how to use a VPN on Mac. `You will find out what are the available options and what VPN providers we recommend for macOS.